I am now starting my healing work using crystals with the 7 Chakras. So I thought I would do my best in explaining the Chakras, where they are located, what they are connected to, their color and some things you can do to heal that Chakra. A Chakra may need healing if you are having problems in the areas of the Chakra and sometimes you may even be attracted to that color as your body tries to heal. Your body knows what to do and will try to direct you in the right way but we are so disconnected from our bodies we don’t listen to what it is trying to tell us.
With the crystal healing we can give each Chakra a boost to encourage the things we need to work on will show themselves more readily, so that we can deal with them before they get way out of alignment.
The 7 Chakras are the energy centers in our body.
1. Root or Base Chakra - Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
- Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
- Connect to: Survival issues such as money, and food. Family interaction and Religious upbringing.
- Color: Red or Black
- Healing: Do things that ground you like imagine you have roots coming out of your legs and they go down to the center of the earth wrap around the core and then come up and wrap around your legs. Walk around on the ground barefoot. Do household chores like cooking and cleaning. Re-examining your believe system. Eating red colored foods.
2. Sacral Chakra - Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
- Location: Lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel.
- Connect to: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, sexuality, creativity.
- Color: Orange
- Healing: Be adventurous, do something different, take a walk in nature, explore. Eat orange colored foods.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra - Our ability to be in-control of our lives and confident.
- Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
- Connect to: power center, self-worth, self-confidence, self-esteem.
- Color: Yellow
- Healing: Dancing, get those hips moving! Eating yellow foods.
4. Heart Chakra - Our ability to love.
- Location: Center of chest just above heart.
- Connect to: Love, joy, inner peace.
- Color: Green or Pink
- Healing options: Love, love, love. And more love opening up your heart to others. Eating green foods.
5. Throat Chakra - Our ability to communicate.
- Location: Throat.
- Connect to: Communication, self-expression of feelings, the truth.
- Color: Light Blue
- Healing options: Singing and Chanting. Drinking juices and eating fruits and honey.
6. Third Eye Chakra - Our ability to focus on and see the big picture.
- Location: Forehead between the eyes. (Also called the Brow Chakra)
- Connect to: Intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions.
- Color: Violet, Indigo or Purple
- Healing options: Eye exercises, using your imagination and eating purple foods and chocolate.
7. Crown Chakra - Represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
- Location: The very top of the head.
- Connect to: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality, pure bliss.
- Color: White or Violet or Purple
- Healing options: Running or just being in the sun and breathing fresh clean air. (foods are not used for the spiritual)